The Association of Freeskiing Professionals represents a global movement in skiing.
The AFP's Global & Junior Ranking System and World Tour represent this movement. Organized, managed and communicated by the AFP, the Ranking System is the only one of its kind in the world in freeskiing and is made possible by a network of worldwide-accredited AFP events—the AFP World Tour. Ranging from AFP sanctioned Bronze-level regional competitions to Platinum-level events like the X Games; the AFP World Tour is unique in that it is not tied to a specific tour, series or event. This creates a true, unbiased, worldwide ranking platform.
The AFP was formed by athletes and ski industry professionals to bring the sport of freeskiing to a mainstream audience by clearly defining and consistently presenting the best in freeskiing competition. By naming AFP World Champions, for both men and women, in the disciplines of Halfpipe, Slopestyle, Big Air and Overall, the AFP is recognized as a valuable decision-making resource for athletes, events, brands, and national governing bodies. Through the global organization and consistency of judging, competition schedule and event sanctioning requirements, the AFP was able to help Halfpipe and Slopestyle skiing gain acceptance into the Olympics, debuting at the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi.
The Association of Freeskiing Professionals is an organization responsible for implementing a balanced global ranking system and to serve as a unified voice for athletes and our sport. Made up of top athletes and key influencers within the sport of freeskiing, the AFP is proactive in the future direction of events, judging, growth and evolution of the sport as well as fostering opportunities for emerging riders to climb a clear ladder to higher levels of competition. Additionally, the AFP assists domestic and international promoters and governing bodies to ensure consistent on-hill competition organization and judging.
- To provide the skiing community and athletes with a true World Ranking for competitive freeskiing.
- To name an AFP World Champion in each discipline at the end of each competition season.
- To serve as a unified voice for the athletes of competitive freeskiing.
- To bring global consistency to competition judging.
- To improve and maintain top-level competitions through athlete-directed formats, features, and safety.
- To foster positive communication between athletes and events.
- To assist in the development of a comprehensive World Tour Calendar, offering competitive freeskiing opportunities for every level of skier.
- To guide the sport of freeskiing in the best way possible for the sport and for the athletes.
AFP WORLD TOUR RANKINGS
The AFP World Rankings are calculated from results of AFP sanctioned competitions listed on the AFP World Tour Calendar. Event results are assigned AFP points based on the sanctioning level (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze) of that event. Each athlete's AFP ranking is adjusted following the conclusion of an event(s), and calculated on a 52-week rolling system.
Overall Rankings are determined by taking the top scores within the 52-week rankings window in each discipline based on the following…
MEN: Top 2 HP Results + Top 2 SS Results + Top 1 BA Result + next highest result
WOMEN: Top 3 Halfpipe Results + Top 3 Slopestyle Results
HALFPIPE & SLOPESTYLE RANKINGS
Men's & Women's Halfpipe & Slopestyle Rankings are determined by taking a competitor's top 4 results in each disciple within the 52-week rankings window, and associated AFP points.
BIG AIR RANKINGS
Men's & Women's Big Air Rankings are determined by taking a competitor's top 4 results within the 52-week rankings window, and associated AFP points.
AFP SANCTIONED EVENT LEVELS
• Platinum (1000) – i.e.: X Games, Dew Tour, Grand Prix, AFP World Tour Finals
• Gold (675-875) – i.e.: SFR Tour, Aspen/Snowmass Open, Euro Open, Snow Crown
• Silver (475-625) – i.e.: U.S. Revolution Tour, Summit Freeski Tour, Carinthia Open
• Bronze (345-445) – i.e.: Swiss Freeski Open, NOR Freeski Cup, Junior Nationals
FOUNDERS & EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Chris Schuster - President - firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Spencer - Vice President - email@example.com
Chris Jerard - cjafpworldtour.com
Josh Loubek - firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Zerrenner - Executive Director - email@example.com
Connor Clayton - World Tour Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Gauthier - Membership Manager - email@example.com
Jeff Schmuck - Communications Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Dunlop - Judging Program Manager - email@example.com
The Executive Committee, AFP Staff and Board of Directors cooperatively decide policy, direction and guidelines for the AFP. This includes the world ranking system and AFP World Tour calendar, all aimed to ensure the progression and future of our sport.